Walk Kansas March 17 - May 11, 2019
Let's get moving and celebrate healthy living!
- Co-workers, family members, friends, and neighbors form teams of 4-6 people who will track minutes of physical activity and food choices during the 8-week challenge.
- Each team identifies a goal, or challenge, it wants to reach based on their level of physical activity.
- Challenge 1: The 8 Wonders of Kansas (435 miles), requires each member to reach the minimum guidelines for physical activity, 2 1/2 hours per week.
- Challenge 2: Cross Country (764 miles), or 4 hours per week for each participant.
- Challenge 3: The Little Balkans to Nicodemus (1200 miles), requiring each person to get 6 hours per week.
- Walking isn't the only activity that counts - biking, swimming, running, weight-lifting, yoga, cross-training, or any activity you do counts. If you like to use your activity tracker as a guide, you can start counting steps after you reach 6,000 steps in one day. For every 2,000 steps above 6,000 steps, you can report 15 minutes of physical activity.
- Participants record daily fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Team members report progress either online or to their team captain each Sunday. Team captains then report totals either online or to the Riley County Extension Office on the following Monday.
Click here to register and log your activity.